This set of U.S. Landmarks or U.S. Monuments Research Tri-folds is ideal for independent or group student research. Designed as a 2-sided brochure, the end product will be focused, organized, attractive and each will be unique! Each brochure includes the same open-ended response areas, illustration boxes, a map to identify the landmark or monument location and space for students to cite sources – plus, there are areas promoting creativity and higher-level thinking. The similar format for each brochure will allow teachers to guide and support research regardless of student groupings.
* Landmark or Monument-specific brochures – see list below!
* Kid-friendly Google Search Term card will help students do internet research more independently.
*Map Task Card
* Landmark or Monument List – an area for students to sign up and for you to keep track of who is responsible for which landmark/monument
* Project Rubric – allows students to see expectations and facilitates easy scoring.
Students choose a landmark or monument. You print the brochure – and the research begins!
Bald Eagle Memorial
Crazy Horse Memorial
Empire State Building
Golden Gate Bridge
Kennedy Space Center
Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial
Statue of Liberty
Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
Vietnam Veterans Memorial
Wright Brothers Memorial
The White House
I recognize this is not an exhaustive list. Need a different landmark? Leave a note in my Q and A. I’ll add it to this collection. Positive feedback is so appreciated!
Note: The National Park System has a wide umbrella. These brochures address areas "touched or created by man". If you are looking to research the "wild, wilderness" National Parks this may better meet your needs:
National Park Research Project Brochures
Do you want both projects? Click here for a BUNDLE that will save a bit of money.
National Park AND U.S. Landmarks, U.S. Monuments, U.S. Historical Sites Research BUNDLE
PLEASE NOTE: I’ve significantly reduced the Additional Users License Fee to make this available for an entire grade level. When you check out, click EDIT next to the word 'Licenses' or the red button "Buy licenses to share'. Add additional licenses to cover your team. You’ll feel good about following TpT rules and be able to divide the overall cost.
You may also be interested in :
State Report Research Project – State-specific Tri-Fold Brochures
Research Project Rubrics for Group Presentations
Research Project Rubrics for Individual Presentations
Morning Meeting Greetings: 50 Fast and Engaging Cards for Student Independence
Reading Strategy Homework – Engage in authentic practice! Any level! Any book!
Large Scale Timeline with cut-and-paste option.
The Pet Project – A mini economics simulation for second-fifth grade
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase click on the Provide Feedback button. You'll be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment about the product. I value your feedback.
Follow me to get notices on sales, freebies and new products:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.