Nonfiction Reading Comprehension & Analysis: 67 Questions + Answer Key
Why use boring, meaningless text excerpts?
Teach high school reading informational text skills with interesting history content.
Teach students about the truth of U.S. "Humanitarian Aid" to poor countries and the true exploitive relationship between "developed" and "developing" countries, the "fairness doctrine", the Clean Air Act of 1990, President Jimmy Carter, President Ronald Reagan, President George Bush Sr., Carter-Reagan-Bush administration, Iran-contra affair, Soviet Union, Mikhail Gorbachev, Berlin Wall, Panama Canal, Desert Storm, the Gulf War, the Plowshares Eight, Nuclear Freeze, Three Mile Island, Chernobyl, Apartheid in South Africa, Cesar Chavez, Stonewall 25 March, "Food Not Bombs", Vietnam War, Watergate, Bill Clinton, Waco Tragedy, President Bill Clinton's 1996 crime bills, Anti-Terrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act, Clinton's "Welfare Reform", Rwanda Genocide, Indonesia's Suharto Regime, NATO, Saddam Hussein, "Spare Change" newspaper, Child Labor at modern corporations like Nike and Gap, Al Gore, George Bush, September 11, 2001, 9/11, World Trade Center September 11 Attacks, USA Patriot Act, the WHO, and more!
ZIP FILE INCLUDES
- Printable Student Handouts (24 pages): 67 Reading Questions to pair with CHAPTER 21, 22, 24 + 25 of "A People's History of the United States" by Howard Zinn (available for free using links below)
- 2 versions of above (24 page) student handouts with & without page numbers (for easy differentiation)
- Google Doc version and link for Google Classroom student activities
- ANSWER KEY
- 3-point reading response rubric (easy grading)
- Google Classroom Student Instructions: How to Submit Google Doc or Attachment for a Grade
NO PREP PRINT + GO or GOOGLE DRIVE OPTION
Perfect for high school US History, World History, or English Language Arts informational text passages or nonfiction text excerpts. Use for homework, assessment, independent work or student activities.
Use one of the below links to print CHAPTER 21, 22, 24 + 25 or share in Google Classroom:
- Link 1
- Link 2
- Link 3
You may also like ;)
ELA Print and Go Lesson Plans
ELA Task Cards
Culturally Relevant ELA Lessons
Emotional Intelligence SEL Curriculum
Social Justice & Global Citizenship Curriculum
Poetry Lessons & Units
Writing & Grammar Units
Holiday Print and Go Lesson Plans
Social Studies Lessons & Units
ELA Rubrics and Assessments
Differentiation & SpEd Professional Development