This product includes interactive notebook pages for the Southwest region of the United States. When cut out, papers are sized to fit in a composition notebook that has been cut in half. All five regions together will almost fill a 100 page composition notebook when both sides of each page are used. Papers could also be used in a full composition notebook or spiral notebook two per page. Use all the interactive notebook pages for a comprehensive resource about the United States, or use just the ones that you need to complement your social studies curriculum.
For each region, there are blank versions for students to use in both color and black & white options. The filled-in, color version is intended for teachers to create a model of the interactive notebook which can also be used as an answer key with fast facts and possible state information. Please note that answers may vary for state information based upon the curriculum in your classroom. Also, the question/connection box and the flap books are not filled-in on any version.
Most pages can be simply cut out, glued in, and then filled in. Due to the size of the product, the amount of cutting and folding has been kept to a minimum. Each region includes the following interactive notebook pages (27 total for the Southwest):
• Title page for students to illustrate
• List of Contents (only use if you are using all the pages included)
• States & Capitals map
• Products & Resources flap book
• Landmarks & Physical Features flap book
• Life in the region flip book (leisure, climate, and culture)
• 2 pages for facts and information about each state in the region, these include illustrations of the state outline, state flag, state bird, and state flower
• Pages for 9 or more different stops in each region (Southwest: Monument Valley, Four Corners, Phoenix, Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, copper mining, Carlsbad Caverns, El Paso & Ciudad Juarez, San Antonio, Austin, Trail of Tears, Guthrie)
• Essential Questions page(s) for the region as a whole
States included are listed below:
Southwest: Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas
Check out the other four regions available in my store:
US Northeast Region Interactive Notebook
US Southeast Region Interactive Notebook
US Midwest Region Interactive Notebook
US West Region Interactive Notebook
Or save 20% by buying all five regions as a bundle:
All US Regions Interactive Notebook Bundle
. The bundle also includes a bonus file with alternate pages to use if your curriculum divides the country into seven regions instead of five. Please let me know if your curriculum divides the regions differently. If you buy 4 of my Region Interactive Notebook products, please email me with your TpT username and date of purchase. I will then send you the rest of what is included in the full bundle.
Please check out the preview to ensure that the product will meet your expectations – note that the preview file only includes images of the blank, black & white and filled-in, color versions. The product does also include a blank, color version of the interactive notebook pages. If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at MrsLeFave@gmail.com. Please visit my TpT store for additional products, or follow me on Pinterest