You will receive a set of 8 ready-made U.S. states & capitals tests in this packet. The tests are divided into four U.S. region sets and come in two formats:
(1) MATCHING FORMAT - A list of states is given in one column. Across from this list are the capitals, given in a second column. Students will match each state and capital by writing the letter assigned to each capital next to the appropriate state.
(2) WRITTEN FORMAT - A list of states is given. Students will use the capitals listed in a word bank (at the bottom of the page) to write the appropriate capital in the blank beside each state.
These tests (or quizzes) are divided into easy to check and learn sections:
1) the Northeast Region (11 states)
2) the Southeast Region (12 states)
3) the Middle West Region (12 states)
4) the West & Southwest Regions (15 states)
My class studied one U.S. region group per quarter. During that time, students practiced learning the states and capitals for that region. These tests (or quizzes) made assessment quick and easy. This download will provide you with a handy tool to assess student progress.
If you'd like your students to have some fun as they study the states and capitals, check out the link to my "States & Capitals Crossword Puzzles"! The puzzles are divided into the same regions as these tests. You can find the link on the right side of this page.