Nonfiction Reading Comprehension & Analysis: 14 Questions + Answer Key
Why use boring, meaningless text excerpts?
Teach high school reading informational text skills with interesting history content.
Teach students about the true history of U.S. military expansion and U.S. Territories in Guam, Puerto Rico, the Philippines, Hawaii, Cuba and more. Review the true motives behind American expansion to U.S. territories, The Platt Amendment, Open Door Economic Policy, the Teller Amendment, Spanish American War, Cuba Occupation, and the true horrors of the Philippine War.
ZIP FILE INCLUDES
- Printable Student Handouts (3 pages): 14 Reading Questions to pair with CHAPTER 12 of "A People's History of the United States" by Howard Zinn (available for free using links below)
- 2 versions of above student handouts with & without page numbers (for easy differentiation)
- Google Doc version and link for Google Classroom student activities
- ANSWER KEY
- 3-point reading response rubric (easy grading)
- Google Classroom Student Instructions: How to Submit Google Doc or Attachment for a Grade
NO PREP PRINT + GO or GOOGLE DRIVE OPTION
Perfect for high school US History or English Language Arts informational text passages or nonfiction text excerpts. Use for homework, assessment, independent work or student activities.
Use one of the below links to print CHAPTER 12 or share in Google Classroom:
- Link 1
- Link 2
- Link 3
You may also like ;)
ELA Print and Go Lesson Plans
ELA Task Cards
Culturally Relevant ELA Lessons
Emotional Intelligence SEL Curriculum
Social Justice & Global Citizenship Curriculum
Poetry Lessons & Units
Writing & Grammar Units
Holiday Print and Go Lesson Plans
Social Studies Lessons & Units
ELA Rubrics and Assessments
Differentiation & SpEd Professional Development