Welcome! So happy that you found me!
This is the USA Geography Part 1 - Memorize Your States & Capitals Through Drawing!
This geography pack is part of Amanda Predmore's "Where in the World" Geography Series that is compatible with Classical Conversations Cycle 3 and also works wonderfully as a stand alone geography workbook to learn all states and capitals.
This guide includes:
- 10 weekly lessons - 45 pages in all. Each lesson includes 2 teaching (or independent student) reference pages and worksheets.
- Helpful tips on teaching
- Each lesson has four parts as follows:
1. "Where in the World?" This part has a view of the whole world to give context of where we are learning this week.
2. "A Closer Look!" This part has a zoomed in view of that part of the world which we are learning this week.
3. "Now, Let's Trace, Color and Label" This part is the same zoomed in view as part 2 however it is blank and is ready for the student to fill trace, color, and label. There are step by step instructions.
4. "Memorization through Drawing" This part is an accumulative worksheet allowing the student to work themselves up to drawing the United States with all of the states and capitals from memory.
Before you know it, your student will have memorized the USA!
If you are associated with Classical Conversations, you'll find that this guide will work for you on a week to week basis for the first 10 weeks of Cycle 3 geography. If you are wondering about the last 14 weeks - That is NOW AVAILABLE as Part 2 of this series! Look for this product in the Classical Exploration Shop!
If you are a home school parent or teacher, this will be perfect to teach your students how to draw the USA through the three classical memorization techniques: repetition, intensity, and duration. And this guide is great at different levels of learning. Teach this to a 4 year old, no problem - teach it to a 14 year old - perfect!
Again, Thank you for visiting and I hope that this is a good addendum for your geography curriculum.
In this guide, there are teaching tips and tricks. However, if you feel you need additional assistance, feel free to engage me with any questions you have.
Lastly, I'm just getting out here... so help me out a bit! If you found this helpful be sure to "favorite" me and bless me with a review!
Thank you kindly!