USE WITH ANY NOVEL | DISTANCE LEARNING | IT'S THE QUESTION
Crafting effective questions can lead to interesting class discussions, are challenging to create, and require thoughtful analysis of the reading. I love this assignment and use it every semester!
☔DISTANCE LEARNING COMPONENT
☔GOOGLE SLIDES/GOOGLE CLASSROOM
☔USE WITH ANY NOVEL
✎CHECKS STUDENT COMPREHENSION
✎CHECKS GRAMMAR AND SPELLING
✎FASTER MARKING TIME
♥OVER 500 STUDENTS HAVE DONE THIS ASSIGNMENT!
INCLUDED IN THIS PRODUCT ARE THE FOLLOWING:
- Instructions for both teachers and students on how to craft a question. This product is not about the answers – it’s creating a visual representation of the question.
- NINE student examples. THESE WERE CREATED USING FRANKENSTEIN and THE GIVER. THIS PRODUCT CAN BE USED WITH ANY NOVEL. I find using examples are a helpful way to show what is expected from my students and to engage in a GRADUAL RELEASE OF RESPONSIBILITY (SCAFFOLDING) approach to education. These are the best in my class. I do receive varying grades just like I do when I assign essays.
- A copy of my rubric.
- One student example also has an explanation of the images.
- One student example is broken down to show students how to create the images. This is in the INSTRUCTIONS for students and in the main file.
- 10 GOOGLE SLIDES to share with your students. THIS IS THE FILE STUDENTS WORK IN. Delete any slides you do not wish to use before you send the file to your students. Some slides have moveable elements while some are set in place.
- NINE GOOGLE SLIDES WITH INSTRUCTIONS FOR STUDENTS. If you do not want to include my rubric delete before you share the file with your students.
- There are two links that you share with your students to use interactively through Classroom™ or other online programs.
- Instructions for students when using the interactive version.
- Information on Google Slides™ for teachers and students.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Copyright © jellycat-in-the-snow productions
All rights reserved by author Permission to copy for single classroom use only Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only
Please remember that any of the products that you download from my store are my copyrighted property and licensed only for you to share with your direct students. If another teacher wants to use these same products, they will need to purchase them directly from my TpT store, or you may purchase an additional license for them. None of my products may be shared online. Posting of my copyrighted materials may happen only in a password-protected environment, such as Google Classroom, and accessed only by your students. Posting on public websites (WordPress, Blogger, Facebook Groups, etc.) is strictly prohibited.