• What is the northernmost city in the United States?
• If you travel from Iowa to Mississippi, in which direction will you travel?
• The ghost towns of Silver City, Gold Dredge, and Yankee Fork are located in which state?
• Which is the only state in the Union with a unicameral (one house) legislature?
These are just a few of the 80 questions
found on task cards in U.S. Geography and State Trivia.
The format is flexible with a set of 80 task cards with answers
and the same set of 80 questions without answers.
• These questions are fun and challenging- ideal for building better RESEARCH SKILLS!
• You’ll also find task cards with CREATIVE WRITING IDEAS
all related to geography and states.
Put more PIZZAZZ
in your social studies program with U.S. Geography and State Trivia!
Contents of U.S. Geography and State Trivia
… Ways to Use U.S. Geography and State Trivia
… 80 U.S. Geography and State Trivia Question Cards without
… Answer Key
… 80 U.S. Geography and State Trivia Question Cards with Answers
… List of States and their Capitals
… 8 Fun Jokes about States with Cards for Students’ Jokes
… 28 Creative Writing Prompts about U.S. Geography and States
… 4 Blank Cards to Use as You Wish
… Student's Writing Checklist
… Teacher's Grade Rubric for Writing
U.S. Geography and State Trivia © 2015 Linda Schwartz and Jean VanDerford • PIZZAZZ LEARNING •
Cover Photo Map © Iryna Volina
In addition to my TpT store, Pizzazz Learning,
look for other books I’ve written.
Also check out books I’ve written with my friend and co-author, Jean VanDerford.
TAKE A LOOK AT OTHER BOOKS WITH PIZZAZZ FROM Pizzazz Learning:
ACTIVITIES FOR CREATIVE AND CRITICAL THINKING • GRADES 4-6
Click here for Creative Thinking: Imagine Task Cards
Click here for Creative Thinking: Design Time Task Cards
Key Words: U.S. geography, trivia, research skills
Happy Teaching with PIZZAZZ LEARNING!