Products in this Bundle (9)
showing 1-5 of 9 products
If you're planning to set up a sound wall based on the Science of Reading, this Sound Wall Starter Kit has everything you need to set up your sound wall quickly! It includes 500+ pages of materials, including many poster choices, bulletin board headers, mouth articulation cards, and a 15-page starter guide explaining what a sound wall is, how to set up a sound wall, and how to introduce a sound wall to students. Many elements are now editable!
There are 5 full sets of differentiated sound wall posters/cards so that you can choose what is best for your students. There are also 15 differentiated mini-sound walls to choose from, plus editable versions and even editable Mini Sound Walls!
UPDATE: Editable poster options added! See below for details.
Please check out the PREVIEW so see pictures of everything included.
Save almost 50% compared to the price of individual components!
This download includes:
1. SOUND WALL GUIDE - Starting a sound wall can be daunting at first. I've put together a quick guide to help get you started which explains how to set up and introduce a sound wall, what to do about sight words, scope and sequence, and quick daily activity ideas. After reading you should have a basic understanding of why sound walls are beneficial and an essential tool for teaching reading and writing. (20 pages)
- What is a Sound Wall?
- Arrangement: Setting Up a Sound Wall
- Organizing a Vowel Valley and Consonants
- Introducing the Sound Wall To Students
- Scope and Sequence Suggestions
- Sound Wall Activity (Sample Script)
- What About Sight Words? Incorporating Your Word Wall Vocabulary and sample portable sound wall with sight words (editable)
This pack will be included in the Bonus File section of your download.
2. MOUTH SHAPE ARTICULATION POSTERS - A complete set of articulation mouth formation posters organized by phoneme and clearly labeled for organization. A set of smaller cards is also included. (80 pages)
3. MINI SOUND WALLS - A set of 15 differentiated mini-sound wall posters for student reference (fits on one page each), including one to add sight words under the appropriate phonemes, and an editable version to add your own words or your own pictures. Also includes a blank printable sound wall for students to write their own words. (25 pages)
4. FIVE SOUND WALL PHONEME POSTER SETS - Five complete and differentiated sets of sound wall phoneme posters, which can also me made into smaller cards for the writing center. You can choose tall posters to fit in small spaces, whimsical clip art anchor pictures or real life photos, whether you'd like just the picture and phoneme, or example words for each phoneme. The posters are color coded on their borders according to the phoneme category (vowels, glides, fricatives, etc.) Please look at the preview for all the layout and design options to make sure it fits your needs. You will get all five sets in this bundle to differentiate your teaching through the year even if you switch grades! (320 pages)
5. PHONEME WORD CARDS - A double set of 250 word cards to match each phoneme and grapheme on the sound wall, plus blank cards to add your own words. There are two sets included, one that focuses on the word, and one that focuses on the phoneme, but both have anchor pictures. (39 pages; 8 cards per page)
6. SOUND WALL HEADERS - All the sound wall category headers you'll need to set up your sound wall, including the printable titles and illustrated categories (such as fricatives, affricates, glides, stops, vowel valley, etc. (25 pages)
7. UPDATE: EDITABLE VERSIONS! - There are editable versions of the personal mini-sound wall posters, as well as 3 of the poster sets so you can add your own images and words! This is helpful for using anchor images that align with your district's program, or just a personal preference for specific anchor words. (200+ pages: PowerPoint files)
8. COLORFUL LOCK POSTERS - Use these colorful lock posters to cover the phoneme posters that you haven't directly taught yet. This will make your sound wall less overwhelming to new students and keep them focused on the phonemes they have been working with. There is a page with smaller lock images included to cover specific graphemes within a single poster.
My aim is to make this a complete and comprehensive sound wall bundle! There have already been multiple updates and additions to ensure that it meets everyone's needs. Do you have comments or ideas to make it even better? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can see the preview by clicking the preview button near the top of this page. Please look at the preview to see the details before purchasing to ensure these are right for your needs.
Coming Soon: Sound Wall Graphemes Sentence Builder
(Sample overview of beginner's guide)
- A sound wall may seem daunting at first, and even as a reading intervention teacher for 25 years I was confused by the arrangement of the wall at first! However, my students picked up on the concepts almost immediately and continue to use it as a reference daily. They were excited to "unlock" new phonemes each day and use them in their writing!
- A sound wall displays one poster for each of the 44+ sounds in the English language, divided into vowels and consonants.
- Each sound poster includes all the letter combinations that might make a particular sound. For example, for the /k/ sound, you might use c (cat), k (kits), ch (chameleon), qu (unique) or ck (duck). For the /f/ sound you might use f, ff, or ph. We begin the year with most of the unfamilar graphemes covered up until directly taught.
- Word cards can be arranged under the sound posters according to the sound being focused on, not necessarily the first letter like a sound wall. For example, the word "rain" might be posted under the long A sound poster, even though it starts with R. The word is displayed with the focus highlighted: rn
- Even sight words can be added to a sound wall! Many sight words can be decoded, but many more only have one small part as an irregular spelling that can be learned and applied to many words, such as the Y in "my" sounding like Long i.
If you have any trouble with downloading or printing your documents, please read the help on this page: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Help
If you still need troubleshooting, please email email@example.com and the TPT tech team will be happy to help you.
Bundles are collected in a compressed ZIP file and include all clip art on the cover, my logo, a preview image, and a link to my TOU. You can read more about zip files by clicking HERE.
Would you like to see a huge list of similar resources all on one page?
Just click the category below that you'd like to browse:
⭐️ Click to see all SOCIAL SKILLS resources.
⭐️ Click to see all ART resources.
⭐️ Click to see all MATH resources.
⭐️ Click to see all FREE DIRECTED DRAWING VIDEOS resources.
⭐️ Click to see all SENTENCE BUILDING resources.
⭐️ Click to see all PHONICS AND READING resources.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read my TOU first as many questions are answered there.
*Commercial purposes such as Outschool are not permitted.
You can see ALL clip art and early literacy sets organized in one place by clicking Whimsy Workshop Teaching -- simply choose a tab at the top of the page to explore!
Don't miss out on free and discounted resources by keeping in touch!
Access to:Newsletters and Free Resource Library
Whimsy Workshop Teaching
Please read my TOU first as many questions are answered there.
Copyright ©Whimsy Workshop Teaching, Inc. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher or classroom use is prohibited. If you know of other teachers who wish to have their own copy, you can click on extended licenses during the checkout process (at reduced prices), or email the product link to colleagues so they can purchase their own legal copy and receive any updates in the future.
This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. *Not for commercial purposes such as Outschool.