Students are on a mission to protect an astronaut from ultraviolet light over-exposure in this engaging STEM challenge. Using UV sensative beads, students explore how different materials absorb UV light and use the engineering design process to build a UV safe shelter.
This design challenge that allows students to work in teams, apply the engineering design process, and connect science topics to real-world applications. The teacher will provide the structure to the project, but students will take an active role in designing and building their own shelter.
This packet includes:
- Detailed educator guide with links to resources
- Student handouts including an Ultraviolet Light information sheet
- Student recording packet for each step of the engineering design process
- Reflection questions
- Math extension questions in imperial and metric units
• Click the Green ★ to follow our store and get notifications of new products and freebies
• Leave feedback to receive TpT credit for use on future purchases
• Questions? Contact us in the Product Q&A section
♥ Connect With Us ♥