Also included in
- Space STEM Starter Challenges MEGA Bundle: Upper Elementary & Middle SchoolLaunch your students into STEM with these space-themed STEM challenges that incorporate the engineering design process. This mega bundle includes engaging STEM activities for space activities and design challenges all yea$154.52$193.15Save $38.63
Students are on a mission to protect an astronaut from ultraviolet light over-exposure in this engaging STEM challenge. Using UV sensitive beads, students explore how different materials absorb UV light and use the engineering design process to build a UV safe shelter.
This design challenge that allows students to work in teams, apply the engineering design process, and connect science topics to real-world applications. The teacher will provide the structure to the project, but students will take an active role in designing and building their own shelter.
This packet includes:
- Detailed educator guide with links to resources
- Student handouts including an Ultraviolet Light information sheet
- Student recording packet for each step of the engineering design process
- Reflection questions
- Math extension questions in imperial and metric units
Looking for more STEM lessons? Find the Vivify resource guide here: bit.ly/VivifyResourceGuide
About STEM Challenges: Click here to learn more about the 3 Stages of STEM. STEM challenges are an engaging way to incorporate the engineering design process into your classroom or after school program! These hands-on activities allow students to work in teams, apply the engineering design process, and connect science topics to real-world applications. The teacher will provide the structure to the project, but students will take an active role in designing and building their own device.
• Click the Green ★ to follow our store and get notifications of new products and freebies
• Leave feedback to receive TpT credit for use on future purchases
• Questions? Contact us in the Product Q&A section
♥ Connect With Us ♥