Also included in
- Launch your students into STEM with these space-themed STEM challenges that incorporate the engineering design process. This mega bundle includes engaging STEM activities for space activities and design challenges all year long! Updated for distance learning with instructional videos and digital STE$145.72$182.15Save $36.43
Students are on a mission to protect an astronaut from ultraviolet light over-exposure in this engaging STEM challenge. Using UV sensitive beads, students explore how different materials absorb UV light and use the engineering design process to build a UV safe shelter.
This design challenge that allows students to work in teams, apply the engineering design process, and connect science topics to real-world applications. The teacher will provide the structure to the project, but students will take an active role in designing and building their own shelter.
This packet includes:
- Detailed educator guide with links to resources
- Student handouts including an Ultraviolet Light information sheet
- Student recording packet for each step of the engineering design process
- Reflection questions
- Math extension questions in imperial and metric units
Looking for more STEM lessons? Find the Vivify resource guide here: bit.ly/VivifyResourceGuide
About STEM Challenges: Click here to learn more about the 3 Stages of STEM. STEM challenges are an engaging way to incorporate the engineering design process into your classroom or after school program! These hands-on activities allow students to work in teams, apply the engineering design process, and connect science topics to real-world applications. The teacher will provide the structure to the project, but students will take an active role in designing and building their own device.
• Click the Green ★ to follow our store and get notifications of new products and freebies
• Leave feedback to receive TpT credit for use on future purchases
• Questions? Contact us in the Product Q&A section
♥ Connect With Us ♥