Un poquito, a collaboration between Diego Torres and Carlos Vives, was released in the summer of 2018 and is a perfect song for beginning Spanish classes! With easy to understand, singable lyrics and a school-appropriate music video, this song is a must! Preview the song here.
These materials are designed to help your students understand the story that is told through the song as well as some specific song lyrics. To achieve this, students will read a parallel story featuring two familiar characters: Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy!
This product includes:
- a slideshow reading of the parallel story (printable version also provided)
- a "who said it?" activity (slideshow and worksheet versions provided)
- a scrambled lyrics activity/worksheet
- chorus slides
- CLOZE lyrics slides for some lines of the song
- Spanish/English lyrics translation
These materials will fill one complete class period and 15 minute segments on 3 subsequent class days--perfect for song of the week!
Consider using this song following SOMOS 1 Unit 4: La Universidad.
Looking for more comprehension based song activities?