Take a dive under the sea with our comprehensive sea-themed literacy bundle! Save your time with these print and go activities! Great for your guided reading program. Great for Shark Week!
This BUNDLE includes the following resources:
Under The Sea - Reading Comprehension Texts/Higher Order Thinking Activities
Under The Sea Reading, Writing, Creative Thinking Activity Pack - 15 Activities
Under The Sea Writing Prompts NZ - PowerPoint, Journal and Worksheet
Te Reo Māori Under the Sea - Multi-purpose Flash Cards
1. Under The Sea - Reading Comprehension Texts/Higher Order Thinking Activities
In this pack you will receive:
1. Five texts - all with an extended and scaffold version:
- Great White Sharks
- All about Dolphins
- The Lost City of Atlantis
- Kaimoana/Seafood - A New Zealand Experience
2. SIX corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities
Each passage features different activities!
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Find Facts and Details
- Make Inferences
- Identify the main idea
- Ask and Answer Questions
- Compare and Contrast
- Make Predictions
- Make Connections
3. Three Graphic Organiser Examples
- Information Web
- Main Idea
4. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions
5. Two 'Tips For Use' pages with ways to use this resource in your classroom.
6. Close Reading bookmarks in colour and black and white.
2. Under The Sea Reading, Writing, Creative Thinking Activity Pack - 15 Activities
This resource features:
1. Word Scramble
2. Fact or Fiction
3. Word Find
4. Mix and Match
5. Snap Shot
6. Acrostic Poem
8. Under The Sea Colouring/Coloring 1
9. Under The Sea Colouring/Coloring 2
10. Under The Sea Menu
11. Under The Sea Maze
12. Under The Sea Creative Thinking 1
13. Under The Sea Creative Thinking 2
14. Under The Sea Octopus Facts
15. Under The Sea Turtle Facts
3. Under The Sea Writing Prompts NZ - PowerPoint, Journal and Worksheets:
You will receive 25 writing prompts:
- Nine Explanation prompts
- Eight Narrative prompts (story starters)
- Eight Photo Prompts
When you purchase this product, you will receive it in three different formats:
- An ‘On The Job’ Writing Prompts PowerPoint presentation (25 prompts)
- An ‘On the Job’ Writing Prompt journal (25 prompts)
- A printable worksheet with multiple copies of each prompt, saving $$ on photocopying (25 prompts).
4. Te Reo Māori Under the Sea - Multi-purpose Flash Cards
In this resource you receive:
1. Multi-purpose Flash Cards for the following sea animals and plants - Kei raro i te moana:
- Sea Urchin
Each animal/plant comes with FOUR flash cards:
- English and Māori translation with picture
- English word only
- Māori word only
2. A te reo Māori pronunciation guide.
We really appreciate your feedback! If you enjoy this resource, don't forget to leave feedback so you receive credit and other teachers can find it too!
If you're interested in upcoming Top Teaching Tasks resources, click on the green star to follow!
Stay in touch
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Pin with us on Pinterest!
Subscribe to our Youtube channel!