This activity pack is designed to help children learn to speak and write introductory paragraphs and short stories independently. The worksheets contain 20 exceptionally high quality Under the Sea themed Vector Images to inspire children to engage in writing activities.
Three different levels of visual support are provided to enable children of varying abilities to write paragraphs without adult support:
1. Fill in the Dolch Words
2. Tracing Complete Paragraphs
3. Paragraph Writing with access to Word Bank
4. Story Writing
This pack enables children to achieve the following objectives:
1. To be able to speak and write a complete introduction containing the 4 W’s (When, Who, What doing, Where)
2. To be able to use a range of adjectives to describe feelings
3. To be able to answer a range of why questions.
4. To be able to read and write 20 Dolch words fluently
5. To be able to complete visually supported differentiated paragraph writing activities independently
6. To develop handwriting skills and ability to use capital letters, finger spaces and full stops.
The fourth level enables children to:
1. To be able to write a short story with an introduction containing the 4 W’s (When, Who, What doing Where), a problem, solution and ending.
2. To be able to use a range of fronted adverbials in their writing to connect ideas
3. To be able to use the irregular past tense in writing tasks
This pack would be useful for:
· Children ages 4—8 years who are beginning to write paragraphs and stories
· Children who speak English as a Second Language (ESL)
· Children who have a Language Delay or Language Disorder who may need support to speak or write a complete introduction
· Children who have a diagnosis of Down syndrome or Autism Spectrum Disorders.
· Children who have Dyslexia and may need lots of repetition and consolidation to read and write high frequency words fluently.
· Children who have been identified by the Educational Psychologist as having learning needs who require additional support with writing or working independently