Go paperless with our Google Slides reading comprehension activity - great for digital guided reading! Learn about dolphins, great white sharks, submarines and the Lost City of Atlantis with our differentiated reading passages and questions. This Under the Sea Google Slides resource includes four passages (at two levels) with at least six unique slides of engaging text-dependent questions and higher-order thinking interactive tasks.
These activities are great for your guided reading program in both a traditional classroom with some access to mobile learning through to a full 1:1 digital classroom.
Both US and British English are used throughout this resource. Choose what suits you!
This resource would also be suitable for Grade Six (Year Seven and Eight) learners as the higher-order thinking activities will keep them challenged and engaged!
This resource can be used on Chromebooks, iPads, Android Tablets, and other devices!
What this resource is all about:
This resource contains exciting, interactive and thought-provoking activities to grab your students’ attention AND hold it. The activities begin at the lower levels of Blooms Taxonomy (Remember, Understand, Apply) and move through to the higher levels (Analyse, Evaluate, Create).
In this resource you will receive:
1. Full instructions on how to use this Google Slides resource, and how to share it with your students.
2. Tips for using Google Slides for teachers AND students
3. Four texts - each with an extended and scaffold version:
4. At least SIX unique Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the CCSS and the NZ Curriculum (30 activities in total)
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
5. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions.
6. A BONUS guide explaining how to use these Google Slides within the top educational apps including:
Why Go Digital and Paperless?
Many classroom are now 1:1, BYOD, or improving the access of technological devices to students. This resource uses these devices to engage and enhance learning!
Further benefits include:
- High student engagement and motivation
- Access and share learning from anywhere
- Build a skill base with 21st-century learning tools
- Save on paper and printing!
- Accessible on a range of devices including Chromebooks, iPads, tablets and more!
Not ready to go paperless yet?
You May Also Like:
We really appreciate your feedback! Leaving feedback earns you TPT credits!
Stay in touch: