This is a very cute syllable counting and sorting activity! It can be used for small groups or a whole class!
Included in this set are:
• Four sorting mats sized 8 ½ x 11 inches
• Four sorting mats sized 11 x 14 (Print left and right sides on two pieces of 8 ½ x 11 inch paper, then tape together).
• 11 sorting pictures (one syllable words)
• 11 sorting pictures (two syllable words)
• 11 sorting pictures (three syllable words)
• 11 sorting pictures (four syllable words)
To play, mix up the fish and/or starfish cards. Ask each child to choose one card at a time from a pile or bag. The student should say the word on the card, clap or tap the number of syllables in the word, and then place the card on the proper mat.
All pictures have a blue background, so you do not have to cut precisely around each picture. When students put them on the sorting mats, the fish will then blend in with the color of the water.
I hope your students enjoy this activity! Follow my Teachers Pay Teachers store to be notified when new products are added!