This 25 page product is designed to assist students in gaining an understanding of cause and effect relationships in informational text. It contains materials for 10 separate activities. The included printables focus on the sun-earth-moon system and can be easily incorporated into a science unit. Included are 2 separate reading passages to use as assessments (each with 2 forms of assessments – 1 multiple choice and 1 free response), 4 reproducible worksheets, and instructions and templates for creating 2 versions of a 3 dimensional cause/effect dodecahedron project. The included activities can be used as pre- and post- assessments, practice activities, reteaching opportunities, or enrichment activities.
Included in this product are:
* Teacher Tips for Use. 2 pages total.
* 2 full page nonfiction reading passage ("The Sun" and "The Moon"). For each passage, 2 versions of reading comprehension practice are included (a multiple choice version and a free response version). All questions refer to causes or effects of events in the passages and can be used as assessments if desired. 6 pages total.
* 4 separate reproducible pages of cause and effect practice related to the sun-earth or moon-earth relationship. 4 pages total.
* Templates for creating 2 separate versions of a 3D dodecahedron project . Students can complete the project to demonstrate their understanding of the causes and effects of the sun-earth or moon-earth relationship. Also included are detailed student instructions, photos of a finished project, and 2 pages of blank templates so that you can customize the project to meet the needs of your students. 7 pages total.
* Answer keys for all activities where applicable. 6 pages total.
Please download the free preview offering to see all included pages and to receive a free usable sample of the product.
The activities in this product align with the following CCSS standards:
3rd grade - 3.RIT.1, 3.RIT.3, 3.RIT.8
4th grade - 4.RIT.1, 4.RIT.3, 4.RIT.8
5th grade - 5.RIT.1, 5.RIT.3, 5.RIT.8
by Rebecca Bettis