This unit plan is meant to be taught throughout a week of instruction or at your own pace. It is aligned to teach students how to interpret and understand characters by what they say and do in a story.
It is filled with interactive lesson and activities.
The 20 page SmartBoard lesson was created using Smart Notebook. The pages are as follows:
1. Title page with lesson objections, "I can" statements, and lesson notes.
2. An interactive activity that opens the lesson; the hook.
3-5. Three pages of interactive instruction stating content that will be practiced.
6-10. Five pages using gradual release of instruction.
11. Interactive review
12-14. Three pages with a group activity (1st - Directions/expectations for activity; 2nd - Pictures of what the outcome should look like; 3rd - A graphic organizer for use during the activity.
15."Hot Spot Page" with clickable icons to links: research quiz, class project page with expectations, rubric for class project, extended learning activities.
16. Research activity using QR codes
17. Class Project: "Rambling Story" with a link to an example
18. Extended Learning Opportunities (extension lessons or early finisher activities)
19. Culminating Writing Task