17 Slide printable Powerpoint presentation that covers the important historical terms and concepts students will need to understand in order to have success in a High school Regents based Global History & Geography course. Powerpoint includes lessons on Cause & Effect, Using Timelines, Understanding the difference between the Acronyms, B.C., A.D., B.C.E., & C.E.; Converting date to Century, historical perspective (political, social, economic), revolutions & turning points, and lastly careers in the social sciences (anthropologists, archaeologists, economists).
Power point includes:
- Important terms listed & emphasized that frequently appear on NY State Global Regents Exams
- Graphics & Examples that support understanding of important concepts and terms
- 4 in-lesson Checks for Understanding slides
- 2 teacher guided activities (cause & effect & types of revolutions)
- 3 individual assessment activities (cause & effect, reading timelines, determining Century)
****Intended for use in Global I-IV classrooms in preparation for the New York State Global Regents & Geography Exam****