Want to help your adult literacy, adult basic math, ABE, GED, or Adult ESL students succeed? AllABE is here to help!
This activity packet will help students understand health insurance costs and related vocabulary and concepts. This lesson prepares students for careers in the healthcare or health insurance industry. It also prepares them to make health insurance decisions for themselves and their families.
1. Define health insurance terminology using a health insurance web site:
2. Use information in a table to compare health insurance plans.
3. Choose a health insurance plan based on information in a scenario.
4. Calculate health insurance costs for different plans.
5. Write a letter to a health insurance company about a deductible error.
This ten page PDF includes everything you need to implement this lesson with your class:
1. Teacher’s Notes and Lesson Plan
2. Answer Key
3. Vocabulary Activity
4. Vocabulary Practice
5. Choosing a Plan Activity
6. Calculating Out-of-Pocket Costs Activity
7. Putting It All Together Writing Assignment