This product supports students as they learning to identify and define map elements, debate necessary elements, and evaluate maps using their elements.
Includes comprehensive lesson plan, multiple versions of each handout, visual supports, opportunities for differentiation, complete answer keys.
* DOGSTAILS Student note page (2 versions)
* DOGSTAILS Student note page (completed)
* DOGSTAILS Practice page (2 versions)
* DOGSTAILS Practice page (answer key)
* Using Map Elements Practice handout
* Using Map Elements Practice handout (answer key)
* Scripted lesson plan
* Slideshow to use with lesson and practice (48 slides)
National Geographic Geography Standards 2.1.4.A
Identifying and describing the characteristic information required for a map to be accurate and helpful (e.g., title, orientation, date, author, legend, scale, index, grid, source).
~ No Prep ~ Answer Keys Included ~ Encourages Critical Thinking ~ Built in Differentiation ~