This product is ready for distance learning. Check out the TpT Digital Activity button. I have already created a student-friendly digital activity with directions and answer boxes that can be used through Google Classroom.
Add movement to your lesson
With this scavenger hunt students will use repeated addition, sets and groups, arrays, skip counting, and fact families to explore (and build an understanding of) multiplication.
How to Use
1. Print the Understanding Multiplication Scavenger Hunt cards on card stock or brightly-colored paper and cut them apart along the dotted lines.
2. Make copies of the Understanding Multiplication Scavenger Hunt questions worksheet. Each student needs a copy.
3. Place the Understanding Multiplication Scavenger Hunt cards around your classroom where students will be able to find them. You can put them on chairs, on the computer keyboard, on the back of your classroom door, on the sides of student desks, on the chalkboard, or wherever you like.
4. Students have to search the room and find all of the sentence cards to answer the questions. You can differentiate by having students work alone or with a classmate.
More About this Product
With the Scavenger Hunt game I have the students complete it as part of a rotation during math groups. I only have 4 or 5 students walking around with clipboards to locate the multiplication cards and write their answers. Students needing extra support can be paired with a partner for this activity. I have also done similar activities with the whole class or as a filler for early finishers, especially if you make the cards a little bit tricky to find. My students enjoy this activity.
•The cards with a colored border are perfect printing on cardstock for laminating and reusing.
•The black/white cards are great for a quick activity printed on regular paper. They can be used then disposed of or recycled.
•Use the black/white cards to send (or save) a set for students who are absent to do at home.
•The black/white also make a quick small group review for students who need more work on the skill. The different set makes it feel/look like a whole new practice!
Tips for Customers
• Follow my store for product updates and sales.
• Follow my Facebook page to find occasional flash freebies and ½ price sales on new products here.
• Please leave feedback to gain credit for future purchases.
• Contact me through Product Q&A with any questions, concerns, or problems. Thank you,
Ann Fausnight ♥