Also included in
- Mentor texts are books that will help you to provide direct instruction and modeling for a specific skill. In this bundle, I have recommended FOUR SEASONAL BOOKS and provided lesson materials for you to introduce Descriptive Language, Inferencing, Theme and Paraphrasing to your students. → What is$11.79$14.97Save $3.18
This resource is part of a larger bundle! Check out "A Mentor Text Lesson for Every Season Bundle" NOW and SAVE!
→ What is included in this resource?
- This resource comes with a full common core aligned lesson suggestion for implementation, as well as anchor chart posters to help your students understand theme better.
- Common Themes in literature posters
- Differentiated graphic notes
- Critical thinking discussion questions
- Reflection questions
- Answer keys
- Google Slide compatible, paperless versions of student materials.
→ How can this resources support your students?
Whether your are introducing theme for the first time, providing re-teaching/practice for your students, or trying to assess their mastery of theme, this resource can support your students.
Together, you and your students can collect title that illustrate the different themes outlined in the "common theme posters". By constantly having your students on the lookout for common themes, they will continue to practice this skill until it becomes habit to think about. The critical thinking questions will get your students collaborating and help them to bridge the connection between the lesson the character learned, to how they can apply this lesson to their own life.
About the mentor text: Little Tree is about a tree who loves life, and cherishes its' leaves, so it holds onto the leaves throughout several seasons and as a result remain unchanged. Everything grows and changes around the tree, but it continues to hold onto the leaves. After much time, the tree comes to realize the decision it must make, and embraces change and growth. The tree drops its' leaves and grows into a large, strong tree.
★★★ Looking for more? ★★★
Make sure you have clicked on the green STAR above to "follow my shop". This will notify you of when I post new resources, and give you the opportunity to get them at an introductory discount.
This resource was created by Megan Christensen - Thyme to Read. By purchasing a license, you agree to the TOU. This resource is for single classroom use, and may not be posted or shared without permission from myself. If you have any questions about this resource, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org