In Calculating Unemployment students take on and act out unemployment identities to learn about a key indicator of economic health. Students define key terms related to employment and unemployment. Students perform an identity in a fictional economy. Finally, students use the various employment stories to calculate unemployment, the labor force participation rate, and more.
How could I use this?
- A lesson introducing students to unemployment
- In a unit on macroeconomics
- As an introduction to a series of lessons evaluating economic health
- Teacher instructions
- Student handouts
- Employment identity cards with prop suggestions
- Documents in pdf and editable Word format
- A PowerPoint to accompany the first part of the lesson
- A key