Also included in
- You will love this weather and climate bundle for Utah SEEd 6.3 strand. This resource includes all of the standards for Utah SEEd 6.3 strand: Weather and Climate. You save 20% by purchasing this bundle. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know$38.88$43.10Save $4.22
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 6th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 6th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 6th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources w$108.09$120.10Save $12.01
The uneven heating of the Earth is due to several factors that will be explored in this unit. Students will make a model to show their understanding of the uneven heating of Earth's surface and how this influences weather and climate. Students will love these engaging activities.
This HUGE Complete Resource is designed to meet the Utah SEEd
Standard 6.3.3 Develop and use a model to show how unequal heating of the Earth’s systems causes patterns of atmospheric and oceanic circulation that determine regional climates. Emphasize how warm water and air move from the equator toward the poles.
This unit addresses the disciplinary core idea from Earth's systems in the Utah Core for 6th grade. See uneven heating of the Earth's surface on my blog for more ideas about this topic.
There are over 100 slides and pages in this unit!
1.Atmosphere – direct information about the makeup of Earth’s atmosphere
2.Fair Tests-Information on how to design an investigation and include dependent and independent variables.
3.Climate- Information on climate and what factors affect climate with rich diagrams and illustrations of scientific concepts
4. Heat Transfer in Climate-How Heat transfer principles help move solar energy in our weather systems
It also includes:
- three pages of informational text
- comprehension questions
- hands-on labs
- response pages
- interactive notebook flaps
- answer keys
- a quiz
There are response pages and worksheets throughout the unit. All of them have the answer keys!
This resource includes three labs, interactive notebook inserts, three pages of informational text, and more.
This unit includes an end-of-unit quiz in a multiple-choice format similar to the end-of-year testing questions. (answer key included)
Science Concepts Addressed Include:
Independent and dependent variables
Designing an investigation
Factors Affecting Climate
The Global Conveyor Belt
Heat Transfer within our Weather and Climate Systems
Uneven Heating of the Earth’s Surfaces
Difference Between Climate and Weather
Use of Phenomenon
Convection Currents in Nature
Radiation and Conduction
Atmospheric and Oceanic Circulation
Movement of Heat Energy from the equator Towards Poles