The Day of the Dead seeks to promote tolerance among the children by teaching them about important traditions in other cultures.
This all in Spanish unit is meant to be taught a few days before the Day of the Dead celebration and contains:
- Literary Calaveritas for memorization (short, medium and long to fit diferent ages).
- A short read aloud.
- A short explanation about the traditional music.
- A short explanation and experiment sheet about the effects of yeast in the making of bread and a recipe of the traditional "pan de muerto".
- A short explanation about the Day of the Dead celebration and step-by-step altar making.
- Instructions on how to make the "papel picado" decorations for the altar including a simple template.
- Three (3) coloring pages.