Unification of Italy
Describe the events that led to nationalistic movements for unification of Italy.
Identify the important leaders in the fight for the unification of Italy.
Explain the problems Italy faced after unification.
(Textbook pages 440-444)
3. Giuseppe Mazzini
4. Young Italy movement
5. King Victor Emmanuel II
6. Camillo Benso di Cavour
7. Napoleon III
8. Giuseppe Garibaldi
1. What events led to nationalistic movements for unification in Italy?
2. How effective were the efforts of Italians to nationalize in the first part of the 1800s?
3. How did Cavour work to unite and industrialize Sardinia?
4. Who were the important leaders in the fight for the unification of Italy?
5. Why did Cavour send an army to stop Garibaldi?
6. What problems did Italy face after unification?
The unification of Italy was a political and social movement that united different states of the Italian Peninsula into the single state of Italy in the 19th century. Thus began the wave of nationalism amongst the Italians.