Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
[See the Preview Video]
Everyone is familiar with word problems. However, with technology being so easily accessible we can now do video problems. This is great for students to do as classwork when they are learning about uniform circular motion or as a lab. You can do this together with the class or have the students pair up in front of a computer and work it out themselves (what I do). It is best if the students did a few problems with uniform circular motion prior to this activity.
This lesson is filled with clips of people doing amazing things that have to do with projectile motion. For example, the world's tallest loop the loop that a car has gone through.
Each clip is exciting and engaging to watch and makes doing physics problems real and enjoyable.
This is an NGSS-aligned lesson. Your students will engage in three-dimensional learning by analyzing physics phenomenon, discussing with other students, and forming educated explanations.
PowerPoint (11 Slides)
- Four trimmed and ready-to-watch video clips of exciting stunts being performed, all related to Uniform Circular Motion
- Detailed worksheet that goes along with PowerPoint
- Just print and you’re ready to start
Teacher’s Instructions (4 pages)
- Detailed layout of how to introduce and do the activity
- Answers and explanations for all problems
- Includes instructional video
Student Worksheet (3 pages) [Fully Editable]
- For THREE different levels of students (CP, Honors, and AP)
- Step-by-step instructions to get students started on their lab/activity
Lesson Plan Bundle