This a Unit Packet distributed with each lesson. It covers Unit 1 which is the time period between the beginning of civilizations until the fall of Rome. Major topics include development of farming, rise of civilizations, 7 features of civilization, ancient civilizations (Mesopotamia, Egypt, Indus River Valley, ancient China), Greece, and Rome.
The packet includes
1. I Can statements which lay out student learning goals (administration loves this.)
2. A grading Rubric for easy and fair grading.
3. CNN Student news warm up page
4. Guided notes which match the Unit 1 PowerPoint posted.
5. Vocabulary words that can be defined using the notes (so no book necessary)
6. Primary source readings and DBQs
7. Project on World Religions.
8. Matching Vocabulary test
9. A Unit test with 50 questions and constructed responses.
I will be posting all of my Unit packets similar to this and the PowerPoints that accompany them! They cover all of the Common Core requirements for World History! With these packets you will be set for 2 weeks of planning and will save time making copies!
Get all 8 of my packets, Powerpoints, projects and test below:
Get part I of my complete course plan here: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/World-History-Complete-Course-part-1-test-notes-ppts-projectsactivities-1816558
Get part II of my complete course here:
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License