An essential activity to help your students understand vectors by drawing resultants and equilibrants!
This activity contains pairs of vectors (drawn and measured to scale) in activities designed to allow students to practice using graphical methods to determine the resultant and equilibrant.
Activities can be completed before instruction in kinematics topics, or worked into existing curriculum.
Correlates with standards and extended response questions on the New York State Regents Exam in Physics. Also aligns strongly with many other standardized test questions on vectors (AP Physics 1/2, SAT II Physics).
- Drawing resultants with two vectors using tip-to-tail method
- Drawing resultants with two vectors using parallelogram method
- Drawing the equilibrant of two vectors
- Drawing the missing vector given the resultant and one of its components
- Finding the angle between various vectors
- Determining the scale of a set of vectors
- 17 parallelogram method resultant problems
- 12 tip-to-tail method resultant problems
- 8 parallelogram method resultant and equilibrant problems
- 10 'find the missing component' resultant problems
- Metric ruler and protractor required
- Sample solution for each mini-activity
- Activity comes in PDF format, ensuring for accurate reprints.