A fantastic activity to help students construct vectors that are not perpendicular to each other!
In this activity, students will determine the resultants of two non-perpendicular vectors. In some problems, they will be responsible for determining the scale and starting point they use when constructing the diagram.
Some problems use the basic motion equation 'v = d/t' to determine distance and displacement.
- Create scaled vector diagrams
- Determine the resultant of two non-perpendicular vectors
- Determine the distance and displacement of objects traveling at a constant speed
- Determine the angle a boat must travel to counter the effects of a current
- 7 resultant construction problems
- 1 equilibrant construction problem
- 1 advanced resultant construction problem
- 3 problems using 'v = d/t'
- Extra blank sheet of graph paper included
- Metric ruler and protractor required
- Activity comes in PDF format, ensuring for accurate reprints