Use this activity to help your students handle several vectors and determine their resultant!
In this activity, students can use graphical or mathematical methods (instructor's choice) to determine the resultant of multiple vectors.
Attached 'component method sheet' greatly helps students to stay organized when breaking down the given vectors.
Activities can be completed before instruction in kinematics topics, or worked into existing curriculum.
Correlates with standards and questions on the New York State Regents Exam in Physics. Also aligns strongly with many other standardized test questions on vectors (AP Physics 1/2, SAT II Physics).
- Determine the resultant of several vectors
- 7 resultant calculation problems
- Answer key has both graphical and mathematical solutions
- 'Component sheet' attached for mathematical solutions
- Extra blank sheet of graph paper included
- Metric ruler and protractor required for graphical solutions
- Activity comes in PDF format, ensuring for accurate reprints