An essential small activity that helps students use the Pythagorean Theorem to determine the magnitude of both resultants and components!
Essential for any course that utilizes two-dimensional problems (force, projectile motion, etc.)
Activities can be completed before instruction in kinematics topics, or worked into existing curriculum.
Correlates with standards and questions on the New York State Regents Exam in Physics. Also aligns strongly with many other standardized test questions on vectors (AP Physics 1/2, SAT II Physics).
- Determine the magnitude of the resultant of two perpendicular vectors
- Determine the magnitude of one of the perpendicular components of a vector
- Determine the magnitude of the equilibrant of two perpendicular vectors
- Differentiate between scalar and vector
- 9 short answer questions
- 2 multiple choice questions
- 8 accurately proportioned and labeled diagrams
- Activity comes in PDF format, ensuring for accurate reprints