A great activity to help your students measure different formats of the headings of vector quantities!
In this activity, students will use pre-measured and labeled diagrams to determine the directions of various vector quantities. Directions will be practiced in terms of compass coordinates (i.e. "20° east of north") and mathematical "0°-360°" coordinates.
In this activity, 0° is defined as east, 90° north, 180° west and 270° south.
Activities can be completed before instruction in kinematics topics, or worked into existing curriculum.
Correlates with standards and questions on the New York State Regents Exam in Physics. Carefully made distractors in multiple choice questions help to identify students who don't have full understanding of topic.
- Determining headings using compass coordinates
- Determining headings using "0°-360°" coordinates
- 8 multiple choice questions using compass coordinates (2 per quadrant)
- 8 short answer questions using compass coordinates (2 per quadrant)
- 4 multiple choice questions using "0°-360°" coordinates (1 per quadrant)
- 4 short answer questions using "0°-360°" coordinates (1 per quadrant)