A great activity to help students understand how to graphically construct accurate resultants!
In this activity, students will use a metric ruler and protractor to construct vectors on graph paper. Then they will determine the magnitude and direction of the resultant using a metric ruler and protractor.
Activities can be completed before instruction in kinematics topics, or worked into existing curriculum.
Correlates with standards and questions on the New York State Regents Exam in Physics. Carefully made distractors in multiple choice questions help to identify students who don't have full understanding of topic.
- Constructing vectors on a scaled diagram
- Determining magnitude of resultant using metric ruler
- Determining direction of resultant using protractor
- Determining scale used in diagram
- 4 resultant construction problems
- 1 resultant construction problem
- Extra blank sheet of graph paper included
- Metric ruler and protractor required
- Activity comes in PDF format, ensuring for accurate reprints