Also included in
- Thank you for taking the time to look at the Spanish Culture curriculum ABIERTO. This curriculum was created to blend CI and TPRS with Traditional Techniques and to help create balance in a multi-teacher department. This curriculum also combines multiple learning techniques to reach all your studentPrice $38.97Original Price $44.41Save $5.44
Hi! Thanks for taking the time to read through this resource! If you have any questions at all please email me at . I’d love to hear from you! Jump over to my website: www.CyberProfeResources.com and subscribe!
There are 7 units in this series; this specific unit, Unit 2 - Examining Our Roots, lasts for 10 days (depending on what you choose to do). I created this unit to help my rural, midwestern, students start to feel empathy for people who want to immigrate to the United States and, for whatever reason, may be forced to do it as an undocumented citizen.
This unit includes:
- Complete lesson plans
- Handouts to facilitate discussion of your students' heritage
- An example of an Ellis Island Immigration test
- A reading by Benjamin Franklin showcasing how racism and prejudice in not new and that different cultures are subjected to it over the years
- A sample citizenship test along with information on what it takes to get into various countries compared to the United States
- Instructions for putting a talk show together discussing whether Superman is an undocumented citizen and, if yes, what does that mean.
- The only thing not included are the bellringers because not everyone uses them.