Preview photo is of my Scott Foresman Reading Street teaching manual to show which unit this file is for.
I created this with Microsoft Word in compatibility mode for 97-03. There may be shifting in the text boxes that will require some rearranging once the file is downloaded. All files were in order when uploaded.
Our school changed over to Reading Street in 2012 and for each week's theme, I created a focus wall and set of typed leveled readers to aid in my instruction of the unit. By purchasing this file, you will receive the following in 85 pages:
- 6 summary printouts on the unit's themes.
- Focus wall components that you can print out, cut, and laminate to the back of construction paper.
- These include vocabulary cards with the Amazing Words and pictures to go along with each.
- High Frequency word cards.
- Cards with the anthology, Theme question, Skill, and Strategy for the week.
- Each of the leveled readers are typed out so they can be used for highlighting, take-home stories, and pattern review in small groups. These include:
1.4.1: Surprise, Surprise
1.4.2: Special Stories
1.4.3: Our Country’s Treasures
1.4.4: Places We Treasure
1.4.5: Treasures We Share
1.4.6: My Town
1.4.1: A Party for Pedro
1.4.2: Space Star
1.4.3: Our Leaders
1.4.4: Grandma’s Farm
1.4.5: A New Baby Brother
1.4.6: My Babysitter
1.4.1: Special Days, Special Food
1.4.2: The Art Show
1.4.3: Treasures of our Country
1.4.4: A Visit to the Ranch
1.4.5: My Little Brother Drew
1.4.6: The Story of the Kids Care Club
1.4.1: Cascarones Are For Fun
1.4.2: Jamie’s Jumble of Junk
1.4.3: America’s Home
1.4.4: Go West!
1.4.5: Double Trouble Twins
1.4.6: What Makes Buildings Special?
Instead of taking weeks to do this on your own, everything you need for a focus wall is here at your fingertips!
Every unit (R-5) is posted online, in addition to files that just include the typed out leveled readers.