This unit was created for my fifth grade class. I got so stressed that I didn't have books and if I did they weren't very thoughtful. I created Dive into Reading so that I could have books that went with the theme of the month and to allow the students to get those rich filled content. It will be a slow process to create these so please bear with me as I create them.
What interactive read alouds do you have?
Since this is fifth grade, the interactive read aloud are chapter books. The goal is to read every type of book over the year. This is a historical fiction chapter book. The chapter books is Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko.
Each interactive read aloud contains:
-20 days worth of questions
- Whole Group Questions
- Turn & Talk Questions
- Reading Response Questions
- Labels of daily questions for each day and each book for reading response
What are the mini-lessons?
-5 per week
- Week 1- Compare & Contrast
- Week 2- Chronological Order & Text Features
- Week 3- Main Idea & Summarizing
- Week 4- All Nonfiction Elements
What books are you using during the mini-lessons?
- I am Jane Goodall
- Gorillas by Seymour Simon
- You wouldn't want to sail on the Titanic
- The Moon by Seymour Simon
- Do Stars have Points?
We are so excited to get this into the hands of so many teachers. If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need additional things for your week, you may also email us. Please give us 5 days notice if you are in need of extra resources.
Thank you so much for shopping & supporting A Teacher's Wonderland.