Preview photo is of my Scott Foresman Reading Street teaching manual to show which unit this file is for.
I created this with Microsoft Word in compatibility mode for 97-03. There may be shifting in the text boxes that will require some rearranging once the file is downloaded. All files were in order when uploaded.
Our school changed over to Reading Street in 2012 and for each week's theme, I created a focus wall and set of typed leveled readers to aid in my instruction of the unit. By purchasing this file, you will receive the following in 84 pages:
- 6 summary printouts on the unit's themes.
- Focus wall components that you can print out, cut, and laminate to the back of construction paper.
- These include vocabulary cards with the Amazing Words and pictures to go along with each.
- High Frequency word cards.
- Cards with the anthology, Theme question, Skill, and Strategy for the week.
- Each of the leveled readers are typed out so they can be used for highlighting, take-home stories, and pattern review in small groups. These include:
1.5.1: Great Ideas
1.5.2: Ways We Learn
1.5.3: Who Likes the Oak Tree?
1.5.4: Simple Machines
1.5.5: Telephones Help Us Every Day
1.5.6: Let’s Plant a Garden
1.5.1: What Brown Saw
1.5.2: Fly Away Owl
1.5.3: What a Detective Does
1.5.4: The Inclined Plane
1.5.5: Using the Telephone
1.5.6: A Garden for All
1.5.1: Squirrel and Bear
1.5.2: Puppy Raiser
1.5.3: A Mighty Oak Tree
1.5.4: Simple Machines at Work
1.5.5: The Communication Story
1.5.6: Marla’s Good Idea
1.5.1: Grasshopper and Ant
1.5.2: Ways to be a Good Citizen
1.5.3: Great Scientists: Detectives at Work
1.5.4: Simple Machines in Compound Machines
1.5.5: Telephones Over the Years
1.5.6: Cody’s Adventure
Instead of taking weeks to do this on your own, everything you need for a focus wall is here at your fingertips!
Every unit (R-5) is posted online, in addition to files that just include the typed out leveled readers.