Make study of the Unit Circle
meaningful with this inquiry project. . Students do not just memorize the unit circle, they deduce how it is created. Students derive the points on the unit circle as well as discover the true Students complete a table of the relationships within a unit circle, an essential reference tool for Pre-Calculus.
There are 2 complete options for this project:
- Option A for interactive notebooks.
- Option B (p. 10-12) for posterboard or other presentation format.
This resource includes:
- Student handouts for project
- Two level of options for differentiation
- Two sets of circle templates
- Teacher directions
Student benefits of learning the unit circle through inquiry:
- visualize why trig functions are what they are
- find ratios
- stop memorizing
- help for finding Pythagorean identities
This resource available in the following bundles:
- Trigonometry Bundle: PreCalculus Trigonometric Functions Bundle
- PreCalculus Projects: PreCalculus Project Bundle
- All about PreCalculus: PreCalculus Mega Resource Bundle
Trigonometry Resources Include:
- Trigonometric Functions: Notes, Practice and Card Sort for Trigonometry
- Sine, Cosine and Tangent: Practice and Review Activity (Not available elsewhere in the store)
- Trigonometric Functions: Architecture Mini-Project for Real-World Trigonometry
- Trigonometric Function:Word Problems Practice/Review Activity for Trig Functions
- Trigonometric Functions:Practice and Review Activity on Trig - Math Detective
- Trigonometric Functions: Cosecant, Secant and Cotangent Practice and Review
- Law of Sines: Notes and Practice for Law of Sines (Trigonometry)
- Law of Sines: Task Cards for Practice and Review Activity
- Law of Cosines: Notes and Practice on the Law of Cosines
- Trigonometry: Law of Cosines Coded Message activity for law of cosine
- Trigonometry:Angles of Depression and Elevation- Notes and Practice
- Trigonometric Functions:Mixed Practice and Review of Trigonometric Functions
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
You may also like:
- Graphing systems of inequalities: notes and practice
- Rational (Fractional) Exponents: Task Cards for Practice & Review
- Secondary Math and Art Projects: Show students the "fun" of math with this 245 page, 9 project bundle with fun math such as tessellations, fibonacci spirals, statistics with Mondrian, and more (CCSS)
- Problem Solving: secondary math puzzlers - great for bell-ringers, time fillers, and challenges of the week
Coming soon…Algebra Puzzlers, Applying Statistics: A statistics research project, Real-world math projects, and more.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Math Mondays (all about teaching math).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.