Thgis is a Unit Lesson Plan on: Citizenship-Roles, Rights, and Responsibilities of Citizens and covers 7-10 days classroom instruction.
Included are the following:
• Civics Standards and Benchmarks
• Marzano Based Lesson Plan (Textbook used was Civics, Economics, and Geography. It is adaptable to other textbooks.)
• Learning Goals and Learning Targets
• Evidence Based Learning Scale
• Marzano Design Question and Elements for each day
• Reading Standards for Literacy in History/Social Studies 6-8 (Florida)
Reporting Category: Roles, Rights, and Responsibilities of Citizens
• Standard 1: SS.7.C.2 Evaluate the roles, rights, and responsibilities of United States citizens, and determine methods of active participation in society.
Benchmark: SS.7.C.2.1 Define the term “citizen,” and identify legal means of becoming a United States citizen.
Benchmark: SS.7.C.2.2 Evaluate the obligations citizens have to obey laws, pay taxes, defend the nation, and serve on juries.
• Standard 2: SS.7.C.3 Demonstrate an understanding of the principles, functions, and organization of government.
Benchmark: SS.7.C.3.7 Analyze the impact of the 13th, 14th, 15th, 19th, 24th, and 26th amendments on participation of minority groups in the American political process.
Benchmark: SS.7.C.3.12 Analyze the significance and outcomes of landmark Supreme Court Cases including, Dred Scott v. Sandford.
LAFS.68.RH.2.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text.
LAFS.68.RH.3.7 Integrate visual information (charts, graphs, photographs, videos, or maps) with other information in print and digital texts.
LAFS.68.WHST.1.2 Write informative/explanatory texts.