Unit Lesson Plan: What Is Geography?
Middle School: Benchmarks
SS.6.G.1.1 Use latitude and longitude coordinates to understand the relationship between people and places on the Earth.
SS.6.G.1.2 Analyze the purposes of map projections (political, physical, special purpose) and explain the applications of various types of maps.
SS.6.G.1.5 Use scale, cardinal, and intermediate directions, and estimation of distances between places on current and ancient maps of the world.
SS.6.G.1.6 Use a map to identify major bodies of water of the world, and explain ways they have impacted the development of civilizations.
• 7 Day Unit Lesson Plan “What Is Geography?”
• Daily Warm-Ups
• Marzano Learning Goal Evidence Based Scale including Learning Targets
• Marzano Design Questions and Elements given for each daily lesson
• Tasks with recommended URL's
• Cooperative and Collaborative learning exercises