Includes 9 lesson worksheets
Focus on Character Study.
Big Idea: what do good readers do?
• Good readers connect to character’s experiences to empathize with them.
• Readers pay attention to and envision the way a character behaves to learn about them
• Readers create theories about their characters based on the details they notice
• Readers pay attention to and envision the way a character behaves to learn about them. Look for clues in the story that reveal what your character is like.
• Readers look to other characters for advice
• Readers use empathy for characters to make predictions about what characters will do next
• Readers learn more about their character by noticing when characters act differently from themselves
• Readers notice and think about places that characters go to learn more about their characters
• Readers find patterns in a characters behavior to grow theories about them