Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This unit overview and key words summary document serves to introduces a middle school level unit on lab basics, metric system, scientific method, and experimental design .
I typically hand out the first page of this unit overview document to students on the first day of the new topic. I photocopy it on a brightly-colored piece of paper so that the page provides a nice delineation point in their binders or folders that visually separates the different science units I teach from one another.
The document is made up of two sections, each with their own content:
Section 1: Unit Overview:(Typically 1 page)
- Unit Name
- Enduring Understandings
- Essential Questions
- Science Skills
- Key Vocabulary Terms (in order of appearance)
- Relevant Sections or Readings (this can easily be modified to suit your needs)
- Review Resources (this can easily be modified to suit your needs)
Section 2: Key Vocabulary Words:(Anywhere from 2 – 6 pages)
- Key Vocabulary Words and their Definitions (in alphabetical order)
Downloadable in 2 Formats:
- This product comes in 2 formats: a static PDF document and editable Word document.
- Download the full PDF preview to see EXACTLY what you are getting!
Relevant NGSS Science and Engineering Practices Addressed by This Product:
- Analyzing and Interpreting Data
- Constructing Explanations and Designing Solutions
- Obtaining, Evaluating, and Communicating Information
You Might Also Like the Following Unit Resources:
Connect with More Science With Mr. Enns Resources:
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the Follow Me next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Copyright © Douglas Enns. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this document are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.