This unit was designed to be aligned with the NYS Regents Chemistry Curriculum, so most of the practice questions come from past exams, but it can easily be used in courses not preparing students for this particular exam. I have also used most or all of this material in my non-Regents Chemistry courses also.
In this unit packet, you will find material presented in a variety of ways that can be used in the way that best suits your teaching style and the level of your students. The assignments can be used as parts of a mini lesson, individual classwork, small group/partner work, formative assessments, and homework assignments in practically any way you choose, depending on your style and schedule.
You will find all of the following:
1. Brainstorming/prior knowledge activities
2. Guided notes (can be done as a class or as a research assignment)
3. Reading comprehension activities / note-taking practice
4. Understanding, interpreting, and analyzing graphs and tables
5. Critical thinking activities (can be done individually or in groups)
6. Standardized test questions to assess all of the topics
I hope this resource, whether used in full or in part helps add to your students' learning experiences. Please follow and rate this resource.
Follow my Instagram @johnstonchemistry
*Great for DISTANCE LEARNING!*