This Unit Plan is great for Veterans Day. It has a range of different activities that will keep your class stimulated and intrigued.
Included in this Unit:
- Reading Comprehension - The History of Veterans Day - Text and Questions
- Sequencing Activity - Put historical events in chronological order (based off reading comp activity)
- Vocabulary Words (+illustrations) - to be posted in vocabulary books and reviewed as a class
- Alphabetical order - Placing vocabulary words in order
- Past and Present - conjugating Veterans Day verbs
- Synonyms and Antonyms. Students must fill out poppy petals with correct words.
- Qualities of a hero. Fill out the hero chart (handout)
- Art. Build a medal. Students must color, cut and paste to create a medal.
- True or False. Students must cut out statements and place them in the right column.
- Branches of the Armed Forces. Reading Comprehension file about the Air Force, Navy, Army, Marines and Coast Guard. Students must answer questions to determine which branch is responsible for different roles.
- Veterans Day Fractions - Color 2/5 of the planes red, etc etc
- Class Poll and Chart. Write down the names of people in your family who are a veteran. Glue it to the class chart.
- Thank you letters to veterans. Includes Veterans Day stationary.
Teachers Guide and Answer sheet.
We appreciate all support and reviews!!!