PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Twelve-year-old Crow has lived her entire life on a tiny, isolated piece of the starkly beautiful Elizabeth Islands in Massachusetts. Abandoned and set adrift in a small boat when she was just hours old, Crow’s only companions are Osh, the man who rescued and raised her, and Miss Maggie, their fierce and affectionate neighbor across the sandbar.
Crow has always been curious about the world around her, but it isn’t until the night a mysterious fire appears across the water that the unspoken question of her own history forms in her heart. Soon, an unstoppable chain of events is triggered, leading Crow down a path of discovery and danger.
Vivid and heart-wrenching, Lauren Wolk’s Beyond the Bright Sea is a gorgeously crafted and tensely paced tale that explores questions of identity, belonging, and the true meaning of family.
Unit plan includes:
- Unit plan sequencing and pacing guide
- 15 Lesson plans aligned to CCSS.
- Vocabulary Word Wall Printable
- Vocabulary notebook work printable (with example)
- Comprehension Discussion Questions Sentence Starters
- Student self-assessment rubric for journal work.
- Teacher assessment rubric for journal work.
- Unique end of the unit project ideas and worksheets for students to submit project proposal.
- End of the unit project student self-assessment rubric
- End of the unit project teacher assessment rubric
- A list of suggested fiction books to pair with/after this book.
You might enjoy this other middle-level unit plans: