Arianwyn has flunked her witch's assessment: She's doomed. Declared an apprentice and sent to the town of Lull in disgrace, she may never become a real witch-- much to the glee of her arch-rival, Gimma.
But remote Lull is not as boring as it seems. Strange things are sighted in the woods, a dangerous infestation of hex creeps throughout the town, and a mysterious magical visitor arrives with his eye on her.
With every spirit banished, creature helped, and spell cast, Arianwyn starts to get the hang of being a witch--even if she's only an apprentice. But the worst still lies ahead. For a sinister darkness has begun to haunt her spells, and there may be much more at stake than just her pride . . . for Arianwyn and the entire land.
Unit plan includes:
- Unit plan sequencing and pacing guide
- 16 Lesson plans aligned to CCSS.
- Vocabulary Word Wall Printable
- Vocabulary notebook work printable (with example)
- Comprehension Discussion Questions Sentence Starters
- Student self-assessment rubric for journal work.
- Teacher assessment rubric for journal work.
- Unique end of the unit project ideas and worksheets for students to submit project proposal.
- End of the unit project student self-assessment rubric
- End of the unit project teacher assessment rubric
- A list of suggested fiction books to pair with/after this book.
You might enjoy these other middle-level unit plans:
Unit Plan for The Exact Location of Home by Kate Messner
Unit Plan for See You in the Cosmos by Jack Cheng
Unit Guide for 90 Miles to Havana by Enrique Flores-Galbis
Unit Plan for Matylda Bright and Tender by Holly M. Mcghee
Unit Plan for The Paperboy by Vince Vawter