An important story of love and hope that will capture readers' hearts, The Exact Location of Home is another must read from beloved author Kate Messner.
Kirby "Zig" Zigonski lives for the world of simple circuits, light bulbs, buzzers, and motors. Electronics are, after all, much more predictable than most people--especially his father, who he hasn't seen in over a year. When his dad's latest visit is canceled with no explanation and his mom seems to be hiding something, Zig turns to his best friend Gianna and a new gizmo--a garage sale GPS unit--for help. Convinced that his dad is leaving clues around town to explain his absence, Zig sets out to find him. Following one clue after another, logging mile after mile, Zig soon discovers that people aren't always what they seem . . . and sometimes, there's more than one set of coordinates for home.
Unit plan includes:
- Unit plan sequencing and pacing guide
- 22 sets of Comprehension Questions for partner discussion
- 22 unique Journal prompts
- Student self-assessment rubric for journal work.
- Teacher assessment rubric for journal work.
- Unique end of the unit project ideas and worksheets for students to submit project proposal.
- End of the unit project student self-assessment rubric
- End of the unit project teacher assessment rubric
- A list of suggested fiction books to pair with/after this book.
Unit Plan with Assessments for Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
Unit Guide for 90 Miles to Havana by Enrique Flores-Galbis
6th Grade 20 ELA CCSS aligned Worksheets for Sub Tub or Emergency Sub Plans
Unit Plan for The Paperboy by Vince Vawter