Twelve-year-old Olivia Hales has a foolproof plan for winning a million dollars so that she and her little sister, Berkeley, can leave behind Sunny Pines Trailer Park but there's a lot more to her story then meets the eye. A must read for students who enjoyed Ali Benjamin’s The Thing About Jellyfish and Katherine Applegate’s Crenshaw.
Unit plan includes:
- Unit plan sequencing and pacing guide
- 14 Lesson plans aligned to CCSS.
- Daily notebook prompts
- Vocabulary Word Wall Printable
- Vocabulary notebook work printable (with example)
- Comprehension Discussion Questions Sentence Starters
- Student self-assessment rubric for journal work.
- Teacher assessment rubric for journal work.
- Unique end of the unit project ideas and worksheets for students to submit project proposal.
- End of the unit project student self-assessment rubric
- End of the unit project teacher assessment rubric
- A list of suggested fiction books to pair with/after this book.
You might enjoy these other middle-level unit plans:
Unit Plan for The Exact Location of Home by Kate Messner
Unit Plan for See You in the Cosmos by Jack Cheng
Unit Guide for 90 Miles to Havana by Enrique Flores-Galbis
Unit Plan for Matylda Bright and Tender by Holly M. Mcghee
Unit Plan for The Paperboy by Vince Vawter