Preview photo is of my Scott Foresman Reading Street teaching manual to show which unit this file is for.
Our school changed over to Reading Street in 2012 and for each week's theme, I created a focus wall and set of typed leveled readers to aid in my instruction of the unit. By purchasing this file, you will receive the following in 58 pages:
- 6 summary printouts on the unit's themes.
- Focus wall components that you can print out, cut, and laminate to the back of construction paper.
- These include vocabulary cards with the Amazing Words and pictures to go along with each.
- High Frequency word cards.
- Cards with the anthology, Theme question, Skill, and Strategy for the week.
- Each of the concept leveled readers are typed out so they can be used for highlighting, take-home stories, and pattern review in small groups. These include:
1.R.1: In My Room
1.R.2: I Like My Family
1.R.3: Outside My Door
1.R.4: My Friends
1.R.5: My School
1.R.6: Around My Neighborhood
Instead of taking weeks to do this on your own, everything you need for a focus wall is here at your fingertips!
Every unit (R-5) is posted online, in addition to files that just include the typed out leveled readers.